Present simple tence I become +
Birds fly +
there was a box on the table.
education in great britain: schools
in britain it is compulsory for everyone between the ages of 5 and 16 years to receive some officially recognized form of schooling, though most secondary schools continue to provide education until the age of 18.
the vast majority of pupils attend state schools, which are absolutely free (including all text books and exercise books), but there are also about 500 private schools providing secondary education. the most famous of these schools are eton and harrow.
there is no statutory age at which students change from primary to secondary school, nor are schools "specialized" — pupils choose from the numerous subjects taught in their particular school.
the recently introduced national curriculum has made it compulsory, however, for three core subjects — english, mathematics, and science — and seven other foundation subjects — technology (including design), history, geography, music, art, physical education, and a modern foreign language — to be included in the curricula of all pupils.
passage from one academic year to the next is automatic. after a two-year course, usually from 14 to 16 years of age, most pupils take their general certificate of secondary education (gcse), assessed on the basis of a mixture of course work and a written examination, in individual subjects.
pupils obtaining at least five passes at gcse can then specialize for two years (usually from16 to 18 years of age) in two or three subjects, in which they take the general certificate of education advanced level (a-level) examination. this is used as an entrance qualification for university (minimum two passes) and other types of higher education, as well as for many forms of professional training.
1) i never minded adults 2) take part in various collective games 3) is never to blame for the fight 4) is not used to strangers 5) is not able to deceive the girl 6) remains generally from strenuous exercise 7) would like to participate in what some competitions 8) is interested in the technique 9) looking forward to next year
Do you take?
We don't like
Do children play?
Man doesn't know.
Do they begin?
- ІВ!!! ТЕРМІНОВО!!!...
- Express your point of view on your career opportunities orally and in writing form. What are you going to do when you leave the school? What are you going to choose as a career? Wh...
- 25 баллов Выполнить только седьмое задание....
- с английским с английским с английским...
- I. Fill in letters. 1) wa...m 2) qui...kly; 3) favo...rite 4) the...r 5) he...t 6) mov...ment ІI. Listen to the text and choose the best variant. 1) What about did the boys talk in...
- Read these sentences and write positive, negative sentences or questions.(Прочитай эти предложения и напиши утвердительные, отрицательные или во предложения.)«+» — for positive sen...1 ответ(ов) · Английский язык
- составить диалог: Make up a presentation about one of the leading universities of Russia/the UK/the USA. Make up a dialogue. Follow the instructions and useword combinations given...
- Задание 1 Употребите can или to be able1.Я не мог ответить на его во Я не смог ответить на его во Он смог бы перевестиэтот текст , но не захотел. Он смог перевести этот текст. Он б...
- ІВ!!! ТЕРМІНОВО!!! БУДЬ ЛАСКА, ПОСПІШІТЬ, ДУЖЕ ТРЕБА!!!...
- преобразуйте из прямой в косвенную речь 1. ``Don`t touch the flowers `` my mother says 2.The doctor says to Pete ``Don`t go for a walk today.`` 3.Mike asks ``Are you listening to m...1 ответ(ов) · Английский язык